Thursday, July 05, 2012

Bad Blogger!

(So yeah, I am not winning at life in the blog department, c'est la vie!  On vacation in Duck with the fam for the week and it gave me a little time to attempt and catch up!)

Sunday June 3 I departed Boston for a ride over the pond that eventually landed me in Barcelona for a unique 15 day work trip (sidenote: flight was EMPTY and such a treat!).

I am in LOVE with Barcelona!  Everyone always raves about it, but I had no idea it was that awesome!  The hotel was right on the beach in Olympic park, great walking area to a ton of restaurants, the beach, gelato (we indulged a few times!) and both Barcelonetta (more on that later) and Las Ramblas were both within walking distance.

Yummy Coke Light

This was after 7PM and it was so light out it appears more like 3PM

I spent five days there working very long days and seeing the city at night.  I always forget the Spanish don’t eat before nine so late afternoon snacks were in order!

Had some awesome tapas at Sagardi Euskal Taberna. You eat your way around the restaurant and pay by the toothpick. 
 

Catalan sausage, tuna with egg white and goat cheese with blueberry  - my favorites!

Also was lucky enough to have dinner at Arola at  The Arts – was incredible!!!  (Sadly my blackberry decided to reject all of the photos, grr!)

My time in BCN came to an end and I began seven days on this bad boy: Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas



I have been on ships before, but never to this enormity!  I knew it was going to be huge, a virtual city on the Med, however WOW - I was a little blown away! 

More to follow on the ship!


XOXO,
KW

1 comment:

The Preppy Student said...

i love your blog!! I cannot wait to read more of your posts and hope that maybe you can return the favor and follow my preppy blog. I always comment for every comment left on my page and hope to start a friendly relationship with your wonderful blog! I also just added a Southern Tide giveaway!